Before booking a tour or activity with us, please review the state Moving Maine Forward plan as well as the expectations we have outlined for each of our guests.
All of our guests must fully comply with the Moving Maine Forward plan, without exception. We also have established protocols for our staff and guests on each tour that must be maintained at all times.
This page is to explain how in what ways we are addressing trip flexibility along with health and safety protocols. This is to keep our guests, our staff, and tour partners healthy.
Please take a few minutes to read through and fully understand the responsibilities that we each have in order to work together and operate safely.
This page will be updated and dated as necessary.
Status as of May 24, 2021
We have limited availability on tours that visit breweries, wineries, and distilleries using a variety of transportation methods, including by bus. We also have activities on boats that allow for unique open-air experiences on the waters of Casco Bay.
Your safety is our primary concern. We want to make sure you can enjoy the wonderful craft alcohol products of our area in a healthy and safe way.
Travel To and From Maine
No visitors from any U.S. states are subject to any travel restrictions when visiting Maine. All U.S. residents can now enjoy unrestricted travel to and from Maine.
Please check the state website for more information about the Moving Maine Forward plan before booking and again before your party arrives in Maine for any changes to the plan.
Bookings and Payments
- Tours will be available solely by online booking or over the phone.
- We operate rain, shine, and snow as long as the roads and sidewalks are safe and we have met our minimum number of guests to operate the tour.
- All ticket sales are final. Tours cannot be exchanged, rescheduled, or refunded.
- We offer ticket insurance which allows you to cancel or reschedule your tour with at least 24 hours’ notice, and we will reschedule or reimburse you for your full tour ticket price (minus ticketing fee and insurance fee).
- All guests will have to self-certify the intended compliance of their entire party with the Moving Maine Forward plan before booking. In addition, the online waiver will be completed by each individual guest before arriving for the tour and activity. The below language will appear in both places and will need to be acknowledged before continuing:
- By checking this box, I acknowledge I have read and will abide by Maine Brews Cruise’s Health & Safety Policy.
- I hereby acknowledge that any member of my party failing to abide by these policies will result in my entire party not being able to participate in the activity.
Cleaning, Health, and Safety
- High contact areas on the bikes, boats, and buses will be sanitized before, after, and between each stop of the tour.
- Hand sanitizer will be available through the guides on each tour for guests to use at any time.
- Staff will be required to wash or sanitize their hands at the start and end of their shifts, and throughout their shifts.
- Any snacks used will be commercially prepared and will be given to each guest individually (i.e. no sharing of plates).
- Water will be available but we are highly encouraging guests to bring their own.
- The State of Maine has adopted the U.S. CDC guidance which does not require fully vaccinated Americans to wear face coverings outdoors or indoors.
- There may be specific rules at some of our partners which will require the use of face coverings. Guides will inform the guests when entering facilities where these rules exist.
- Consistent with the U.S. CDC’s guidelines, it is recommended that people in Maine who are not fully vaccinated wear face coverings in indoor public settings.
- The U.S. CDC requires people to wear masks on all buses and other forms of public transportation.
- Maine has also lifted the physical distancing requirement at indoor public settings where people are eating or drinking – such as breweries, restaurants, distilleries, bars, and wineries.
- This has also removed the previously existing limit of 8 persons per organized group.
- We have established new capacity limits for our tours which take into consideration the current seating and staffing capabilities of our partners.
For Our Staff
- The members of our staff are strongly encouraged to be mindful and considerate of our guests and to continue to wear face coverings when they are directly facing the group, closer than 6 feet, and talking in a presentation level of voice.
- Staff schedule will minimize the amount of interaction between staff members, limiting the overlap between shifts, and assigning the same people to the same shifts as much as possible.
- Staff will be encouraged to report to supervisors any practices or protocols that are not adequately minimizing the risk of exposure to the virus.